Friday, November 19, 2010

Eco Compare - A New Blog Series

Ever since we started using cloth diapers, I've been trying to make greener choices in other areas of our home, but it hasn't been going so well. I've really been holding onto some of my very non environmentally safe products just because I didn't think there was a green version that could match it. So, I've decided to bring you along on my journey to compare eco friendly products with their ungreen counterparts. Since I also love being frugal, I'm going to try to *safely* make homemade versions of the products too. I'll be comparing everything from makeup and deodorants to degreasers and shower cleaners. 

I placed my order at Alice.com (a fantastic site!) and already received my box full of green products. I bought some toilet bowl cleaner, degreaser, bathroom cleaner, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, and even some plastic bags that are eco friendly. I'll start my first post in December comparing the toilet bowl cleaner to the products we already use. Definitely not glamorous, but I'm sure our holiday guests will appreciate a clean toilet. :)

Are there any products that you've been afraid to give up for a greener version? Let me know and I'll put them to the test.

0 comments:

Post a Comment