Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Husband Project: Project 14

Cook Something for Your Husband

Today's project is to make your husband something special in the kitchen.

Let's face it - Men like it when we cook for them. I'm not sure if it's something that their genetically predisposed to or if they are just falling into the gender stereotypes. Speaking for myself, I love cooking and I would just rather cook my own food. Now, if someone else wanted to do the dishes, I'd be fine with that.

Hubby on the other hand...he would much rather have me cook for him. Don't get me wrong, he does his fair share of cooking but he always enjoys the food more when I cook.

Maybe you don't like cooking or you just don't have much time with everything else you're doing. That's fine. There are some great recipes that you can make ahead of time. Just freeze them and then pop them in the oven later on. Do a google search for meals under 30 minutes and you'll find a bunch of options.

Don't forget about your slow cooker. That can be a busy mom's best friend.  We probably use our slow cooker 3-4 times a week because it's so easy. My absolute favorite place to find slow cooker recipes is at A Year of Slow Cooking.

If you are already a fabulous cook, never underestimate the appeal of 'guy food' - Sloppy Joes, chicken wings, hot dogs, fries... My husband's favorite meal is hamburger and fries and as far as he's concerned, I don't make that nearly enough. So, I'll usually make a juicy burger and crispy fries once a week. I do make it a little bit healthier by using beef for the cattle we raise and I make the fries out of russet potatoes and bake them instead of frying.

What's your husband's favorite food, or type of food? Do you think you could start making that once a week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment