Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Husband Project: Project 15

What Not to Wear
Pitching the Pajama Pants

Today's project is to get rid of one item of clothing you know your husband is not in love with. You know the one - those old sweats, the raggedy slippers, or that over-sized sweatshirt. Your husband might not even notice that you've gotten rid of it. But, I can almost guarantee that he's noticed every time you've worn it.

Kathi compiled a list of ten items that should never be worn around your husband:
  1. Team Jerseys (I don't completely agree with this one. I'm not a big football fan, but hubby always comments when I wear a Husker item)
  2. Overalls (I had to LOL at this one because Kathi put in parentheses 'unless you both work on a farm'. So, I guess that means I can get away with this.)
  3. Running shoes for anything other than running (I'm not sure if this counts, but I wear tennis shoes all the time!)
  4. Mom jeans
  5. Any sweater with a Christmas tree or pumpkin on it.
  6. Long floral dresses that tie in the back. They make your figure look dumpy.
  7. Acid-washed anything.
  8. Underwear that has any form of safety pin attached to it.
  9. Nursing bras. (While I was nursing, I wore these all the time. Thankfully, you can now find really nice looking nursing bras. But, if you're not nursing and still wearing these, I say it's time to get rid of them or box them up.)
  10. Anything that an ex-boyfriend has ever given you.
This project could not have been more perfect for me. I have the most god awful gaucho pants that are made of this weird black slinky material and are about two sizes too big for me. I even think they're ugly and would never wear them in public - long story behind why I bought them. But, that didn't stop me from changing into them at night, even when my husband made a comment every time I wore them. Those will be getting thrown out today.

Do you have a piece of clothing that your hubby absolutely does not like? Will you be parting with it today?

Tomorrow's project is to let your husband know that you're attracted to him physically.


1 comment:

  1. The clothes stuff is going to be VERY hard for me. Hubby doesn't ever comment on what I wear. He's very looks-unoriented. :/

    ReplyDelete