Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Husband Project: Project 4

Heart vs. Stomach
A Treat Just for Him


Today's project is to get, or make, a food treat just for your husband that he doesn't have to share with anyone else.

How many times have we heard that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach? When my husband and I were dating and when we were first married, I was always making food that he loved - shrimp scampi, chocolate cake, steak, anything with Alfredo sauce. We even packed on a few pounds during that first year of marriage because of all the cooking I was doing. Then I changed jobs and he was busy with the farm so shrimp scampi turned into pizza and steak turned into sandwiches and chips. Sometimes, he was lucky to get a bowl of cold cereal for supper. Since little man came along, I have started making real, healthy meals again but usually they focus on things that he can eat and it's not always my husband's favorite.

Of course, you don't have to make your husband's favorite treat. Maybe he has a favorite candy or ice cream that you could pick up. You might have to hide it behind some frozen vegetables to keep the kids away from it. Just remember, this isn't really about the food, it's about doing small things to show your husband how much you appreciate him.

My plan for this project is to make my hubby's favorite chocolate cake. I guess this will be a good test for my will power too. :)

Tomorrow's project is "E-flirt.com - Text or E-mail Some Sweet Nothings".


0 comments:

Post a Comment